Mid-Level Web Developer
- Job Location: Remote within the Continental United States
- Travel Requirement: Occasional
cFive Solutions, Inc. (cFive) provides software that aids community supervision agencies in their mission to reduce recidivism, improve lives, and keep communities safe. cFive provides unique, data-driven solutions to government agencies, by enhancing their decision-making with simplified, powerful, and insightful software.
Scope of Work
This role is a Mid-level Software Engineer/Developer that is well rounded with the willingness and desire to build applications. You will be passionate about technology, learning new technology and methodologies with the ability to apply what you learn to solve our client’s challenges. This is an opportunity to be part of a dynamic team and to grow with a company that rewards hard work. You will provide hands-on software design and development expertise for multiple programming languages and system environments, collaborate with team members, project sponsors, and client personnel to devise practical solutions to problems.
- Strong understanding of overall software delivery lifecycle and activities.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Familiar with Agile methodologies and working with Agile based delivery teams.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies to every changing issues.
- Knowledge and experience with JSON and object serialization.
- Ability to write and present technical material in the form of client meetings, test pans, and reports, technical reports, and presentations.
- Ability to thrive in a diverse team environment consisting of colleagues, project sponsors, and government clients.
- Engineer world-class platform with an eye towards rapid iteration and creative problem solving.
- Ensure quality and completeness of the product through unit, integration, and regression capabilities.
- Adheres to architecture standards, risk management, and security policies.
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering from an accredited College/University.
- Experience conducting and participating in design and code reviews.
- Knowledge of Linux and MS Windows environments.
- Ability to successfully complete a thorough background investigation.
Required Computer Skills
- 2 years Java Development Stack (J2EE, JSP, Spring, Hibernate, JSON).
- 2 years developing software following Object-Oriented Design methodologies.
- 2 years in Agile development environment.
- 2 years producing web services (REST, SOAP)
- 2 years working with Angular and Node.js.
Preferred Computer Skills
- Public Safety Domain experience
- Android mobile software development
- NOSQL experience (MariaDB)
- Oracle and SQL database script writing
- Experience with continuous integration systems (Jenkins), build automation (Maven), and automated testing (Selenium).
cFive offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Disability and Life insurance
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- 401(k) retirement plan with annual employer profit share contribution
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
cFive is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.